Showing 3 resultsArchival description
- GB 406 SGHMS/1/1/2
Minutes of meetings of the Medical School Council. Papers relate to staffing, salaries, funding, committees, costs, curriculum, prizes, examinations, new buildings and facilities, and various other matters.
In 1907 the Medical School Council merged with the Medical School Committee. There was further reorganisation of the medical school administration in 1945 which led to the vision of the Medical School Committtee into a new School Council and an Academic Board. The new School Council met for the first time in October 1946.
St George's Hospital Medical School, London
- GB 406 SGHMS/3/1/1
- 1993- 2014
Papers from the International Centre for Drug Policy (ICDP), formerly known as the Centre for Addiction Studies. The ICDP was established in late 2003 by St George’s Hospital Medical School to act as a broker to promote excellence in the field of substance misuse prevention in particular drug policy within the international arena. It had a national and international reputation for its activities and was based at St George’s, University of London. Its Director was Professor Hamid Ghodse, who was a world leader in international drug policy and addictions, and held the post many times of President of the United Nations International Narcotics Control Board (INCB). The ICDP participated in a number of activities relating to treatment and prevention of tobacco, alcohol and drugs, including:-
• education and training
• research and development
• policy development
• consultancy and advice
The papers include reports from various projects the Centre was running. These include RETAD; Tobacco Free Initiative; Herbal Medicine; Croydon Alcohol Interventions, Substance Misuse in the Undergraduate Medical Curriculum Project.
ICDP was set up in 2003, and continued its work as a separate unit under the medical school's Mental Health Division before being moved to the Population Health Research Institute (PHRI) in 2013, following the death of Professor Hamid Ghodse.