Gough-Calthorpe, Augustus

Identity area

Type of entity

Person

Authorized form of name

Gough-Calthorpe, Augustus

Parallel form(s) of name

  • Lord Calthorpe
  • Lord Calthorpe

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1829-1910

History

Subscriber to St George's Hospital in 1882. British agriculturalist and philanthropist. He was particularly intrested in the developmnet of Birmingham University and in 1900, he and his son donated 27 and a half acres of land (valued at £20,000) for the site of the university buildings. He gave another 20 acres in 1907.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Created Jul 2022 by Arianna Koffler-Sluijter

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Annual report of St George’s Hospital and of Atkinson Morley’s Convalescent Hospital (1895); Wikipedia (‘Augustus Gough-Calthorpe, 6th Baron Calthorpe’)

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places