Born at Plymouth in 1884, the son of Henry Oram and Emily Kate Bardens. Oram was educated at Dulwich College and entered St George's Hospital in 1900. He also studied at St Bartholomew's Hospital.
At St George's Hospital he was William Brown exhibitioner and a prizeman in 1907. He served the hospital as house surgeon, house physician, resident obstetric assistant and surgical registrar. He also acted as clinical assistant at the Evelina Hospital and the Victoria Hospital for Children.
During the first world war he served in the Royal Army Medical Corps, being commissioned a temporary captain in 1917. He then settled in practice at 43 Lee Terrace, and afterwards at 6 Lee Road, Blackheath, London. He was a temporary surgeon at the Miller Hospital, Greenwich.
He married Evelyn Mary Trethowan in 1924 and they had two sons. He died at Blackheath on 19th December 1943.